The 2018 BSL Mid-Season Tournament will be held on Sunday August 5th from 9am to 3pm at Dunton Athletic Fields in Mississauga (6180 Kennedy Road, Mississauga). The Abbasids team will be selling Shawarma and a drink for $10 in support of their team charity, Human Concern International.
- 2018 Tournament Schedule
- Trades are allowed after every inning until the beginning of the final round robin game.
- Tie breaker will be Head-Head then Run Differential
- Home team will be determined by a coin toss
- All games will be a maximum of 75 minutes and no new inning can begin with less than 10 minutes remaining
- Games will be a total of 7 innings (or as long as time permits)
- All at-bats will begin with a 1-1 count; foul with two strikes will be a strikeout
- 7 run mercy per inning except for last inning
- 15 run differential after the 5th inning will be a mercy end to the game
- 3 courtesy runners per game with only the last player called out being allowed to be the pinch runner
- Maximum 3 homerun differential (over the fence); any further homeruns are considered an out
- All bats must have USSSA or ASA stamp to be permitted for play. Any violation will result in withdrawal from the tournament
- Both teams are responsible for verifying the score with the umpire after every half inning
- Any rule not mentioned will follow standard BSL rules
Code of Conduct:
- All players are expected to abide by the brotherhood code of conduct. Absolutely no swearing, taunting or trash-talking of an opponent will be tolerated. Anyone violating the code of conduct will be removed from the tournament and will be considered an out for every time he misses an at-bat during a game.