[written by Zahid Merchant]
Salam, We pray and hope that everyone is staying safe during this Covid-19 pandemic. We encourage everyone to limit public interactions and practice social distancing so we can get back to our normal lives very soon iA. This pandemic has already impacted our plans for this season and we will continue to monitor the situation and follow the advise of the public health officials. The safety of our players is our top priority and will take measures to ensure we have a safe environment for everyone. We want to avoid jumping to any conclusions just yet about future decisions and are just focused on our upcoming events. There are still 75 days till opening day.
Here are the latest updates:
1. The GM pairings have been announced for the upcoming season. We have gone back to GM/AGM with the GM being responsibile for the team while the AGM is responsibile for league activities of the team.
Abbasids: GM Bilal Javed, AGM Mohamed Kala
Ayyubids: GM Michael Arlitt, AGM Zain Malik
Mamluks: GM Hassan Chaudhry, AGM Hassan Chaudhary
Mughals: GM Rehan Ahmad, AGM Riyad Ramjaun
Nasrids: GM Hammad Afif, AGM Khizer Channa
Ottomans: GM Taha Iqbal, AGM Faheem Kotwal
Seljuqs: GM Umair Jabbar, AGM Imran Qureshi
Sultans: GM Yousaf Chaudhry, AGM Akif Waheed
2. The BSL Combine on March 24th has been cancelled for the safety of our players. If the Covid-19 situation improves prior to the draft, we will attempt to schedule the combine again.
3. Registration is scheduled to open to returning players March 24th till March 30th. Payment must be sent by March 30th to confirm your spot. Registration for new players will open after April 1st depending on the number of spots available.
4. The BSL draft is still scheduled for Thursday April 16th at the Ink'd Loft. However, we may have to limit attendance to just GMs and live stream the draft for public safety reasons.
5. We hope to still begin the season on May 31st but that decision will have to be made in May when we have a better idea of the public health and safety requirements by Peel Region.
For the next few weeks, we ask everyone to follow the guidance of the public health officials to help end the spread of this virus. We pray for everyone's safety and hope we can resume our season on schedule. Stay safe and may Allah protect us all!