Welcome to the 2018 BSL Season. This will be the 5th BSL season and we hope to make this a memorable one. The planning for the season is well underway and we wanted to share with you some of the finalized details.
1. We are in the process of creating a separate Thursday night league primarily for new players with limited spots for experienced BSL players. If you are interested in playing, fill out this survey: https://goo.gl/forms/T7j9dlka3Tx295Hp1 Stay tuned for more details.
2. We have 88 players returning this year with some notable omissions. There will be 8 spots for new players this year.
3. Based on your feedback, we have decided to change to 1 Assistant GM this year. No other rule changes are expected at this time.
4. We will have new GM announcements coming up soon.
5. With Ramadan starting on May 15 and ending on June 14, we have the ability to add a couple more games to the season.
Here is the tenative schedule for this season:
BSL Draft: May 7th or 8th
Preseason: June 17th (weekend of Eid)
Week 1: June 24th , 2 to 8pm
Off week: July 1st, (Canada Day)
Week 2: July 8th, 2 to 8pm
Week 3: July 15th, 2 to 8pm
Week 4: July 22nd, 2 to 8pm
Week 5: July 29th, 2 to 8pm
Mid-season tourney: Aug 5th, 9am to 5pm
Week 6: Aug 12th, 2 to 8pm
Week 7: Aug 19th, 2 to 10pm
Week 8: Aug 26th, 2 to 8pm
Off week: Sept 2nd (Labour day)
Wild Card & Semis: Sept 8th, 2 to 10pm
3rd place & Finals: Sept 9th, 3:30 to 8pm
We will be posting announcements and teasers on Instagram and Facebook. Keep an eye out for more details.